We are thrilled to offer the following sessions to choose from:
|Session||Grade Completed||2019 Session Dates||Early Bird Rate*||Regular Rate|
|First Session||Grades 3 through 6||Sunday, June 30 – Sunday, July 28||$3,880 + GST||$4,270+ GST|
|First Session Kochot||Grades 7 & 8||Sunday, June 30 – Sunday, July 28||$3,880 + GST||$4,270+ GST|
|Second Session||Grades 1 through 6||Wednesday, July 31 – Wednesday, August 14||$2,170 + GST||$2,385+ GST|
|Second Session Kochot||Grades 7 & 8||Wednesday, July 31 – Wednesday, August 14||$2,170 + GST||$2,385+ GST|
|Giborim||Grades 1 & 2||Wednesday, July 31 – Monday, August 5||$890 + GST||$970 + GST|
|SITS||Grade 9||Sunday, June 30 – Wednesday, August 14||$5240 + GST||$5,765 + GST|
|Family Camp||Friday, August 16 – Monday, August 19||$999 + GST|
|Above rates DO NOT include annual Family Membership to the Camp Hatikvah Foundation ($100) which will be charged PER FAMILY
*The Early Bird Rate is available for campers who register between September 23rd and December 1st, 2018
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO QUALIFY
The Early Bird Rate is available for campers who register between September 23rd and December 1st, 2018!!!!
What is included in our rates:
- Camper fees
- Camp T-Shirt
- Transportation to/from Vancouver or to/from the Kelowna Airport
What is not included in our rates:
- GST of 5%
- $100 Family membership to the Camp Hatikvah Foundation (charged only once per family).
Registration will open on Sunday September 23rd, 2018 according to the following schedule:
Sunday, September 23rd at 9:00am: “Save my Place” Returning Camper Application Time
Returning campers from 2018 wishing to stay in the SAME SESSION they were enrolled in during the 2018 season are invited to submit an application for the 2019 season.
Sunday, September 23rd at 1:00pm: “Change my Place” Returning Camper Application Time
Returning campers from 2018 wishing to change into a different session than they were in during the 2018 season are invited to submit an application for the 2019 season.
Sunday, September 23rd at 5:00pm: Open Registration
All other applicants are invited to submit an application for the 2019 season.
Please note the following:
- Registration will be handled on a first-come, first served basis within each registration category/day.
- SIT applications are subject to approval. Applicants born in 2004 should submit a basic camp application on September 23rd and we will send you additional forms for completion within the week.
- Campers who participated in Giborim last summer should register at 9:00am on September 23rd if they would like to apply to Second Session and at 1:00pm if they would like to apply to First Session.
- Due to the fact that we are anticipating more demand than we have space in First Session, Camp Hatikvah reserves the right to limit registration in First Session to children born in 2010 and earlier only. If your child was born in 2011 and would like to attend First Session, please apply for that session and we will contact you within the week following registration to advise if we will be accepting those applications. If we inform you at that time that we are not accepting children born in 2011 into First Session this summer, we will guarantee you a space in 2nd session.
Deposit: A non-refundable deposit must be made by each applicant at the time of registration. The deposit amount for each session is as follows:
|Session Name||Non-Refundable Deposit|
Payment Plan: Camp Hatikvah recognizes that sending children to camp involves a huge financial commitment and strives to make paying for camp easier for families by offering the following payment options:
- Plan 1: For those registered by December 31st, 2018: The deposit will be taken at the time of application. Your remaining fees will be broken into 6 equal monthly installments between January and June 1st, 2019. Your credit card will automatically be processed on the following days: January 1st, February 1st, March 1st, April 1st, May 2nd & June 1st.
- Plan 2: For those registered after January 1st, 2019:
- Campers registered in January: Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining fees will be broken into 5 equal fee installments to be paid on February 1st, March 1st, April 1st, May 2nd & June 1st.
- Campers registered in February: Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining fees will be broken into 4 equal fee installments to be paid on March 1st, April 1st, May 2nd, June 1st.
- Campers registered in March – Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining fees will be broken into 3 equal fee installments to be paid on April 1st, May 2nd & June 1st.
- Campers registered in April – Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining fees will be broken into 2 equal fee installments to be paid May 2nd & June 1st.
- Campers registered in May – Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining fees will be charged to your credit card on June 1st.
- Campers registered in June or July will be required to make full payment at the time of application.
Please note the following important registration policies:
- All deposits are considered non-refundable.
- The January, February and March installments are FULLY REFUNDABLE if written notice of withdrawal from our programming is given to our offices before MARCH 31st, 2019. On April 1st, 2019, any installments paid in the past and all installments paid in the future are non-refundable and cannot be made into a receiptable donation.
- Families requesting financial assistance will be given a payment plan specific to their fees.
- Please note that no camper will be permitted to attend Camp Hatikvah unless full payment has been received by June 1st, 2019 (exceptions will made for those families on financial assistance)
One of our greatest accomplishments at Camp Hatikvah is our campership program. Last year, with the help of B.C. Gaming, the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver and donors in our community, we were able to over $100,000 in financial aid to families who otherwise may not be able to access our programming.
If you would like to send your child to camp but are concerned about the affordability of our program, please contact us. We will provide you with information about our financial assistance program and how we may be able to make Camp Hatikvah a reality for your child. The process of applying for campership assistance is handled with the utmost respect for your integrity and privacy and we encourage anyone in need of assistance to apply.
To follow is a brief description of each session. For your ease, they have been organized here according to age, starting with our sessions for our youngest campers:
Session explanations and options:
Applicable Age: Campers completing Grades 1 and 2
Session Length: 5 nights
Dates: July 31st– August 5th, 2019
Cost: $890 (Plus GST) Early Bird and $972 (Plus GST) Regular Rate
Program Description: Giborim is designed to expose first time campers to the magic of our Camp. Participants have an opportunity to sample every activity we have to offer and begin to gain confidence in their ability to try new things. This 5 day session provides for the perfect introduction to sleep-away camp.
Applicable Age: Campers completing Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
Session Length: 28 nights
Dates: June 30th– July 28th, 2019
Cost: $3880 (Plus GST) Early Bird Rate and $4270 ( Plus GST) Regular Rate
Program Description: First Session has been designed for confident campers who are ready to experience four solid weeks of camp fun. Strengthening skills and building self-confidence are the highlights of this program and campers will truly learn a great deal about themselves and their abilities during this experience.
Applicable Age: Campers completing Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
Session Length: 14 nights
Dates: July 31st– August 14th, 2019
Cost: $2170 (plus GST) Early Bird Rate and $2385 (Plus GST) Regular Rate
Program Description: Second session has been specially designed for campers who are ready for a sleep-away experience but are still getting used to being away from home for an extended period of time. It’s two week session length gives campers the perfect opportunity to build both their skill set and their confidence. Campers in this session will see significant growth in their ability to be self-reliant and will feel a great sense of accomplishment in having tried a plethora of new things.
STAFF IN TRAINING
Applicable Age: Campers completing Grade 9
Session Length: 44 nights
Dates: June 30th– August 14th, 2019
Cost: $5242 (plus GST) Early Bird Rate and $5765 (plus GST) Regular Rate
Program Description: Our Staff In Training Program has been created to enhance the leadership and skill set of our oldest campers. While participants are still considered full-fledged campers and have the opportunity to participate in all of the activities we offer, they are also given several opportunities throughout the summer to act in a leadership capacity towards our other campers. They spend time participating in a mentorship program with our youngest campers which is a rewarding experience for all involved. Campers in this unit are specifically encouraged to achieve certification in either the bronze medallion or bronze cross swimming levels and achieve competence in captaining a sailboat and sterning a canoe. Additionally, campers in this unit will have the opportunity to participate in a 5 day canoe trip in which they we set up camp, learn to start a fire, prepare their own meals and appreciate the great outdoors. The S.I.T. program is a special one and is the culmination of a campers experience at our camp.