We are thrilled to offer the following sessions to choose from:
|Session||Grade (currently enrolled)||2020 Session Dates||Early Bird Rate*||Regular Rate|
|First Session Chalutzim||Grades 3 & 4||Sunday, June 28 - Sunday, July 26||$4115 + GST||$4526 + GST|
|First Session Gesher||Grades 5 & 6||Sunday, June 28 - Sunday, July 26||$4115 + GST||$4526 + GST|
|First Session Kochot||Grades 7 & 8||Sunday, June 28 - Sunday, July 26||$4115 + GST||$4526 + GST|
|Second Session Chalutzim||Grades 2, 3 & 4||Wednesday, July 29 - Wednesday, August 12||$2315 + GST||$2546 + GST|
|Second Session Gesher||Grades 5 & 6||Wednesday, July 29 - Monday, August 12||$2315 + GST||$2546 + GST|
|Second Session Kochot||Grade 7 & 8||Wednesday, July 29 - Wednesday, August 12||$2315 + GST||$2546 + GST|
|Giborim||Grade 1 & 2||Wednesday, July 29 - Monday, August 3||$960 + GST||$1056 + GST|
|SITS||Grade 9||Sunday, June 28 - Wednesday, August 12||$5515 + GST||$6066 + GST|
|Full Session||Grade 3 - 8||Sunday, June 28 - Wednesday, August 12||$5515 + GST||$6066 + GST|
|Above rates DO NOT include annual Family Membership to the Camp Hatikvah Foundation ($150). Please note the Family Membership is elligible for a Canadian charitable donation receipt and is charged by family not by camper.|
*The early bird rate is available to families who apply before November 30th 2019
**Our rates are inclusive of travel to/from Vancouver by bus.
Registration Timeline & Procedures:
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2019 ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE:
Sunday, September 15th at 9:00am: “Save my Place” Returning Camper Application Time
Returning campers from 2019 wishing to stay in the SAME SESSION they were enrolled in during the 2019 season are invited to submit an application for the 2020 season.
Sunday, September 15th at 1:00pm: “Change my Place” Returning Camper Application Time
Returning campers from 2019 wishing to change into a different session than they were in during the 2019 season are invited to submit an application for the 2020 season.
Sunday, September 15th at 5:00pm: Open Registration
All other applicants are invited to submit an application for the 2020 season
Please note the following:
- Registration will be handled on a first-come, first served basis within each registration category with the exception of SIT applicants.
- SIT applications are subject to approval. Applicants born in 2005 should submit a basic camp application on September 15th and we will send you additional forms for completion within the week.
- Campers who participated in Giborim last summer should register at 9:00am on September 15th if they would like to apply to Second Session and at 1:00pm if they would like to apply to First Session.
- Campers currently in Grade 1 are eligible to apply to Giborim only. We will no longer be accepting Grade 1 participants to Second Session.
- Campers currently in Grade 2 are eligible to apply to Giborim or Second Session. If a grade 2 camper wishes to apply for First Session, they should first secure their spot in second session and then call the camp office to advise that they would like to be considered for First Session. A decision will be made by September 22nd.
Payment Policies & Procedures:
Deposit: A non-refundable deposit must be made by each applicant at the time of registration. The deposit amount for each session is as follows:
|Session Name||Non-Refundable Deposit|
Payment Plan: Camp Hatikvah recognizes that sending children to camp involves a huge financial commitment and strives to make paying for camp easier for families by offering the following payment plan options:
Plan 1: For those registered by December 31st, 2019: The deposit will be taken at the time of application. Your remaining balance will be broken into 6 equal monthly installments between January and June 1st, 2020. Your credit card will automatically be processed on the following days: January 1st, February 3rd, March 2nd, April 1st, May 1st & June 1st.
Plan 2: For those registered after January 1st, 2020:
- Campers registered in January: Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining balance will be broken into 5 equal fee installments to be paid on February 3rd, March 2nd, April 1st, May 1st & June 1st.
- Campers registered in February: Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining balance will be broken into 4 equal fee installments to be paid on March 2nd, April 1st, May 1st & June 1st.
- Campers registered in March – Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining balance will be broken into 3 equal fee installments to be paid on April 1st, May 1st & June 1st.
- Campers registered in April – Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining balance will be broken into 2 equal fee installments to be paid May 1st & June 1st.
- Campers registered in May – Deposit will be due at the time of application and your remaining balance will be charged to your credit card on June 1st.
- Campers registered in June or July will be required to make full payment at the time of application.
Plan 3: For those applying for financial assistance: No deposit will be required at the time of application. Instead, families are required to submit a financial assistance request form by December 1st 2019. You will be assessed and advised as to the status of your application by December 20th. Your fees will then be broken up into equal monthly installments payable on the following dates: January 1st, February 3rd, March 2nd, April 1st, May 1st, June 1st, July 1st & August 1st.
Please note: All deposits are non-refundable. Other fees paid in January, February and March are refundable IF written notice of withdrawal from our program is received at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 31st 2020. After this date all fees paid are considered non-refundable.
One of our greatest accomplishments at Camp Hatikvah is our campership program. Last year, with the help of B.C. Gaming, the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver and donors in our community, we were able to over $100,000 in financial aid to families who otherwise may not be able to access our programming.
If you would like to send your child to camp but are concerned about the affordability of our program, please contact us. We will provide you with information about our financial assistance program and how we may be able to make Camp Hatikvah a reality for your child. The process of applying for campership assistance is handled with the utmost respect for your integrity and privacy and we encourage anyone in need of assistance to apply.
To follow is a brief description of each session. For your ease, they have been organized here according to age, starting with our sessions for our youngest campers:
Session explanations and options:
Applicable Age: Campers completing Grades 1 and 2
Session Length: 5 nights
Dates: July 29– August 3th, 2020
Cost: $960 (Plus GST) Early Bird and $1056 (Plus GST) Regular Rate
Program Description: Giborim is designed to expose first time campers to the magic of our Camp. Participants have an opportunity to sample every activity we have to offer and begin to gain confidence in their ability to try new things. This 5 day session provides for the perfect introduction to sleep-away camp.
Applicable Age: Campers completing Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
Session Length: 28 nights
Dates: June 28th– July 26th, 2020
Cost: $4115 (Plus GST) Early Bird Rate and $4526 ( Plus GST) Regular Rate
Program Description: First Session has been designed for confident campers who are ready to experience four solid weeks of camp fun. Strengthening skills and building self-confidence are the highlights of this program and campers will truly learn a great deal about themselves and their abilities during this experience.
Applicable Age: Campers completing Grades 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
Session Length: 14 nights
Dates: July 29th– August 12th, 2020
Cost: $2315(plus GST) Early Bird Rate and $2546 (Plus GST) Regular Rate
Program Description: Second session has been specially designed for campers who are ready for a sleep-away experience but are still getting used to being away from home for an extended period of time. It’s two week session length gives campers the perfect opportunity to build both their skill set and their confidence. Campers in this session will see significant growth in their ability to be self-reliant and will feel a great sense of accomplishment in having tried a plethora of new things.
STAFF IN TRAINING
Applicable Age: Campers completing Grade 9
Session Length: 44 nights
Dates: June 28th– August 12th, 2020
Cost: $5515 (plus GST) Early Bird Rate and $6066 (plus GST) Regular Rate
Program Description: Our Staff In Training Program has been created to enhance the leadership and skill set of our oldest campers. While participants are still considered full-fledged campers and have the opportunity to participate in all of the activities we offer, they are also given several opportunities throughout the summer to act in a leadership capacity towards our other campers. They spend time participating in a mentorship program with our youngest campers which is a rewarding experience for all involved. Campers in this unit are specifically encouraged to achieve certification in either the bronze medallion or bronze cross swimming levels and achieve competence in captaining a sailboat and sterning a canoe. Additionally, campers in this unit will have the opportunity to participate in a 5 day canoe trip in which they we set up camp, learn to start a fire, prepare their own meals and appreciate the great outdoors. The S.I.T. program is a special one and is the culmination of a campers experience at our camp.