Suggested List: (approx. stay 28 days)
- 12 short sleeved or sleeveless tops
- 2 long sleeved tops
- 2 sweatshirts
- 6 pairs of shorts
- 4 pairs of pants (sweatpants or jeans)
- 12 pairs of underwear
- 12 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of pyjamas
- 4 swimsuits
- 1 bathrobe
- 1 warm rain jacket
- 2 special outfits for Shabbat and final banquet (jeans or slacks for boys, jeans or sun -dresses for girls)
- 2 pairs of running shoes
- 2 pairs of sandals or flip-flops
- 4 baseball hats (visors are not acceptable)
- 3 kippas for boys
Bedding and Towels
1 Sleeping bag (for overnights), 2 blankets, 2 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet, 1 pillow, 2 pillow cases, 6 beach towels, 2 bath towels, 1 face cloth
Shower caddie, 1 bottle liquid soap, 1 bottle of shampoo, 1 bottle of conditioner, 1 toothbrush in a closable case, 1 tube of toothpaste, 1 comb/brush, 2 bottles of sunscreen, 1 bottle of moisturizer, 2 bottles of mosquito repellent.
Sunglasses, 1 cloth laundry bag (no garbage bags please), regular lined paper for bunk notes, 5 pens, 1 flashlight with batteries
Campers may bring no more than 2 large duffle bags. This policy will be strictly enforced. *Please be careful of the weight of your baggage – if you can’t lift it, neither can we!
Please ensure that all clothing items are labeled with the campers first and last name. Please label all your child’s belongings – including cameras.
Lost and Found
The staff at Camp Hatikvah will try their best to ensure that campers return home with everything they arrived with. At the end of the session, ‘lost and found items’ will be on display and the campers are told that it is there responsibility to look for and reclaim lost items. Any items not claimed at this point will be donated to charity. As such, please do not send expensive or precious items to camp with your children.
Please note that the following recommendations are most appropriate for campers participating in our 3 or 4 week sessions. If your child is coming to camp for either 5 days or 2 weeks, you should be sending significantly less of each item.
Items Not Allowed at Camp
Items on this list will be confiscated and may be returned at the end of camp:
- Electronics, including cell phones, Video I-Pods and i-Pod Touch, PDAs, Blackberries, talk-a-bouts and walkie-talkies, televisions, computers, DVD players
- Tobacco, alcohol, controlled substances, illegal drugs*
- Flammable materials, including hot pots, matches, fireworks, lighters, butane, incense and candles*
- Food items, including bottled water and other beverages
- Knives or weapons of any kind*
We see camp as a healthy escape from the instant communication and technology overload that bombards our campers on a daily basis. For many campers (and their parents), separating from cell phones, video i-Pods and the internet is challenging. However, we expect parents to fully support our mission to keep these things out of camp and to ensure that Hatikvah remains a wholesome, outdoorsy and safe place for all kids.
*Bringing any of these items will result in immediate expulsion from camp with no refund of tuition or fees.
Items Not Recommended at Camp
As a general rule, anything valuable that a camper would be upset if lost, broken, ruined or stolen should not be brought to camp. Hatikvah does not assume responsibility for any lost, broken or stolen items, including these which we discourage bringing:
- Handheld electronic games
- i-Pods (music only) or MP3 players
- Digital or expensive cameras
- Musical instruments
- Designer clothing